The website Be The Narrative (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Be The Narrative, a Missouri not-for-profit corporation (collectively, “Owner,” “we,” or “us”). The Site provides information regarding Be The Narrative, a national 501(c)(3) organization that develops interactive educational programs that connect Jewish and non-Jewish peers to learn about Judaism and foster understanding and Student to Student, a classroom based experiential program that brings Jewish and non-Jewish high school students together to learn about Judaism through personal storytelling (collectively, the “Services”).
You may not use the contents of the Site in any manner or for any purpose that would constitute infringement of Owner’s, its licensees’ or the Site’s other user’s intellectual property rights. Except as otherwise provided herein, you may not copy, distribute, or publicly display any information or intellectual property made available to you on the Site for any purpose or in any other public forum, including public forums such as other websites, web services, or print publications, without the written consent of Owner or the respective owner. Owner its affiliates own all trademarks and service marks appearing on the Site. The unauthorized use or misuse of these trademarks and service marks is prohibited.
Use of Personal Data
Your Content and Communications to the Site
The following activities are expressly prohibited from the Site:
- Using or submitting any offensive content, including, without limitation, obscene language, obscene references, obscene images, threatening or harassing messages, discriminatory actions, messages, or images, and defamatory or libelous statements.
- Posting false, misleading, or fraudulent statements or content.
- Engaging in activity that is unauthorized advertisements or promotions, including unauthorized solicitation of other users of the Site.
- Collecting personal information of other users of the Site without that user’s consent.
- Engaging in activity that compromises the Site. Such activity may include, without limitation, hacking, IP attacks, worms, viruses, spamming, phishing, cancel bots, Trojan horses, mail bombing or crashing, or introducing malware.
- Engaging in any activity designed to impede the use of the Site by other users, including overloading and flooding.
- Framing or deep linking into the Site.
- Accessing the Site by means of automated process, spiders, bots, or similar device.
Federal and State Laws
The Site is operated from the United States. When using the Site, on the Site, or when using any content provided by Owner, you must obey all applicable U.S.-based federal, state, and local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, AND EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN OR ON THE SITE, THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE AND ANY REFERENCED THIRD-PARTY SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ANY THIRD-PARTY GOODS OR SERVICES ARE SUPPLIED AS A CONVENIENCE TO YOU AND LISTING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE SPONSORSHIP, AFFILIATION, PARTNERSHIP, OR ENDORSEMENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, OWNER DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, OWNER DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, OR OTHER POSTED MATERIAL ON THE SITE IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
BY PROVIDING THE SERVICES ON THE SITE, OWNER DOES NOT IN ANY WAY PROMISE THAT THE SERVICES WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE TO YOU. OWNER IS ENTITLED TO TERMINATE ALL OR PART OF ANY OF THE SITE AT ANY TIME, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
THE LIABILITY OF OWNER AND ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE CONTENT, OR THE SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, FIFTY DOLLARS ($50).
IN NO EVENT WILL OWNER BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THE SITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF OWNER IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Arbitration and Venue
Any claim or dispute between Owner and you that arises in whole or in part from the Site, the content, or the Services shall be decided exclusively through binding, individual arbitration in the St. Louis County, Missouri. You agree that disputes between Owner and you will be resolved by binding arbitration. You waive your right to participate in class action lawsuits or class-wide arbitration. In the event that binding arbitration is not enforceable, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State of Missouri, U.S.A., for the resolution of any disputes. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of the Site must be commenced within one year after the claim or cause of action arises.
Owner respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Owner’s copyright agent with the following information.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- The location on the Site of the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement that your claim of infringement is based on a good faith belief; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information you have provided is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Owner’s agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be reached as follows:
Website Availability. OWNER CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE 100% OF THE TIME BECAUSE PUBLIC NETWORKS, SUCH AS THE INTERNET, OCCASIONALLY EXPERIENCE DISRUPTIONS. ALTHOUGH OWNER STRIVES TO PROVIDE THE MOST RELIABLE WEBSITE REASONABLY POSSIBLE, INTERRUPTIONS AND DELAYS IN ACCESSING THE SITE ARE UNAVOIDABLE AND OWNER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
Typographical Errors. Information on the Site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We attempt to make the Site’s postings as accurate as possible, but Owner does not warrant the content of the Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.